For an overview of the Room and its place in Tidy Text Adventures, see the Overview page.
First Entry Description
- The name of the room.
- Not visible in the game - for your records only.
Repeat Entry Description
- The description printed upon first entry into the room.
- Example: You step into the Living Room. The memory of a thousand sitcoms floods into your mind. None of them gave you anything more than a passing thrill.
- The description printed upon subsequent entry into the room.
- Example: You are back in the Living Room. Your life is a circle.
- The description printed when the player examines the room.
- Triggered by either "Look" or "Look at [Room]" when the player is in the room.
- Example: "It is a basic living room. Grey, not dusty - but definitely ... something."
- The description printed when the directional exit summary is printed.
- The form that this should take varies with the setting of "Use Direction Prefix"
- Example using Prefix: To the North is the living room.
- Example not using Prefix: The living room is to the North.
Short Look Description
- The names that the player can use to refer to this room.
- Example: lounge, living room
- The description printed when the player look at the room while standing adjacent / above / below it.
- Example: Above you you see the living room. It beckons you as if to say: "You needn't work so hard - melt into my commercial tendrils".
- A list of all items in the world item listing.
- Selecting one of these items will add it to the Room.
Open by Default
- The items that you have added to the Room.
- Selecting one of these items will remove it from the Room.
- Is this room able to be entered / seen by default?
- If this is false, this room will have to be unlocked via Action during gameplay.
- Will the direction prefix be used when displaying this Room as an exit when the player is adjacent to it?